About Our Pastor
Fr. William Hale, Priest-In-Charge
Fr. Bill is married to Arlene and has lived in Detroit for the past 25 years. He has one daughter, Anna Livak Hale.
- Chaplain, Canterbury-on-the-Lake, Waterford, MI
- Chaplain Supervisor, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit (2003-2009)
- Chaplain for Hospice of Michigan and Odyssey Hospice (former positions)
Other Work Experience:
- Associate Editor, The Middle English Dictionary
- Associate Editor, Merriam-Webster, Inc.
- Other editorial positions with Simon & Schuster, Random House, and Macmillan
Teaching experience, full- and part-time:
- Beaver College (Glenside, PA)
- Northwest Missouri State University (Maryville, MO)
- Springfield Community College (Springfield, MA)
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
- Oakland Community College
- Baker College
- Marygrove College
- Wayne State University
- The Whitaker School of Theology
- The Ecumenical Theological Seminary
- Board Certified, Association of Professional Chaplains (2008)
- M.Div., The General Theological Seminary (1989)
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania (1978)
- M.A., University of Pennsylvania (1975)
- B.A., summa cum laude, Indiana University of PA (1973)
- Ordained to the Diaconate, Diocese of Michigan, June 24, 1989.
- Ordained to the Priesthood, Diocese of Michigan, January 20, 1990.